For immediate release! Members of two local New Jersey bands join forces to create:
"THE AURORA PROJECT"
This merger of talent was discussed when members of "DIVER" and "KATALYST" first crossed paths in 2006 during the reunion tour of the Four Original Members of the 80's supergroup "ASIA". Upon learning of the unfortunate passing of ASIA vocalist / bassist John Wetton in January 2017, the two bands who had developed a friendship over the years decided to pay homage to John Wetton and the music of ASIA, and record a tribute cover of one of their songs.
The featured song is an album track from ASIA's 1983 LP Alpha entitled "Never in a Million Years". The track is a true tour de force of melodic Pop/Rock and features vocalists Art DeMatteis and Kathy Francis; Bassist John Francis; Keyboardist Brian O'Sullivan; Guitarist Eric Rocco; and session drummer Steve Honoshowsky.
The song and accompanying video were subsequently featured, along with a host of other amazing tributes to John Wetton, at "AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE: AN INTERACTIVE CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE & MUSIC OF JOHN WETTON" which was held on June 17, 2017 at the Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood NJ.
The AURORA PROJECT have since recorded two additional tribute tracks including "The Last to Know" (also from Alpha) in 2018 and the ICON song "In The End" in 2019. The band continues to discuss options for another recording in 2020.
The AURORA PROJECT is:
- Art DeMatteis: Lead and backing vocals (DIVER)
- Kathy "Kat" Francis: Lead and backing vocals (KATALYST)
- John Francis: Electric/Acoustic Guitars, Bass, Taurus Bass Pedals, Vocoder, and backing vocals (KATALYST)
- Brian O'Sullivan: Keyboards and backing vocals (KATALYST)
- Eric Rocco: Acoustic/Electric Guitars, Bass, and backing vocals (DIVER)
- Drums performed by Steve Honoshowsky